Saturday, March 20, 2010

Attention All Moms, Help Is On Its Way!




Hello everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am a mom of four children. Two are adults and two are still with me at home age 5 and 14. I am a stay at home mom right now, but was a muralist before my daughter was born. So I have experiences in both being a full time out of the house working mom and one that stays home with young children.

I am very passionate about fitness and good nutrition and in the last year have become a fitness and motivation coach to help others get healthy and fit.
My real passion is kids and fitness. As parents, we are responsible for leading by good example when it comes to those two subjects. In the past three decades, we have become so dependent on convenience. And we have fallen into a sedentary lifestyle. With a drive through for everything from banking, pharmacy needs, to fast food we have just lost our fitness mojo.

It is time to get it back and face the facts. In a recent study, 2/3rds of American adults are obese or overweight and 1/3rd of our kids are obese or overweight. This gives risks to diseases like diabetes and heart disease. It is not too late!

I am initiating a "call to arms" for all moms out there who want to help me turn this around. I was not always this motivated. In fact I had never done any kind of workout program or had a serious intention of eating healthier until three years ago. My parents both passed away within 6 months of each other from basically living unhealthy lifestyles at age 57. Needless to say, I was very depressed and started thinking...was I next? So I started the program P90X. I followed the nutrition that came with the program and finished feeling absolutely alive. I had a second chance to start living a healthier lifestyle...not a fad diet or a temporary fix...a healthy LIFESTYLE!

I have created this blog to help other moms fit exercise and good nutrition into their lives as well as their kids lives. I will have blogs, articles, and tips from myself and other mommies out there with the same issues and lifestyles that want to share.

I am an Independent Beachbody Coach also, so I can help new moms who are interested in starting a fitness and nutrition program too. Need a little nudge or daily motivation...I can help! If you have any concerns or questions about fitness or nutrition, email me and I will get back with you ASAP. getfitwithartistmom@yahoo.com

Most important, let fitness be a fun thing that you incorporate in your daily schedule. You will feel more energized and your kids will see you making the effort and want to get active too.

On the side of this blog page there is a list of links to my other blog sites, coach page, and facebook page. Info for everyone!

Coach Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment