Saturday, February 16, 2013

A long Time Ago in A Galaxy Far, Far Away...

It has been a long time ago since I last blogged. So long that it took me a few minutes to find my password info etc to even get on my page to write...hehe  Alas, here I am again to bring you the not so exciting adventures of my journey to find balance and wellness in my life. Quick update: I am now PTO President at a local elementary school school (whoa...didn't see that coming) and very honored and proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of ladies that make the job easier. It takes up many hours of my life. but I really love the fact that I can be in a position to promote a healthy lifestyle to the students and families which was my main motivation for saying "Yes" when I was asked to fill the position in spite of my lack of confidence in the beginning. My dear friend and PTO President predecessor tells me "there are no accidents". I believe that is true 100%. So here I am and it has opened doors or at the very least brought me out of my turtle shell and given me a voice. Now I spend time at various healthy lifestyle meetings and on boards organizing health events etc. which is very cool : ) It has been a blessing. On the artist front: I am ready to shift to my art but unfortunately, the PTO gig does get in the way of that at the moment. I have written a children's book which has been on my bucket list forever. Currently, I am trying to get all of my illustrations done for the book. This girl is trying very hard to balance her life passions and I am not a very good juggler at times. I need to focus on one thing at a time. If you want to see someone stumble at times and get back up and laugh at herself, this is the blog for that. I will also continue my Living Outside of My Skin series along the way as well as giving you my weekly whimsy adventures keeping it real and honest. See you on the battlefront! Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment